What’s creamy , dreamy , delicious and a cure to all your problems ? It’s Ice cream! Growing up the only dessert that I would allow my mum to feed me was ice cream and a nutty rice pudding . But when it comes to creating this beautiful and heavenly dessert at home I am…
Fried rice :
Capsicum : 1 cup julienne
Carrots : 1/2 cup julienne
Cabbage : I cup julienne
Chicken ( optional ) : 1 cup cubed
Scallion : sliced ( 1 scallion)
Salt : to taste
Pepper : 1tbs
Soy sauce : 1tbs
Chilli sauce : 1tbs
Rice : 2cups ( par boiled )
Chicken stalk : 1/2 cup
Egg : 1 ( scrambled and fried )
Garlic : 2 cloves minced or finely chopped
– heat oil in the pan and add in your garlic and sauté it .
– Now add chicken and let it cook until it’s cooked thoroughly
– Add capsicum , carrots and cabbage and let them cook until they become a bit soft
– Now add in your rice and let them fry and stir them around
– Add in your chicken stock and all the seasoning and mix well .
– Add the egg and mix and put the lid on to the pan and turn the heat to the lowest setting and let the rice steam for a 5 minutes .
– Dish out and put the sliced scallions on the top .
Lemon and pepper chicken
Chicken – 1fillet ( cubed )
Salt : to taste
Pepper : 2tbs
Chilli flakes : 2tbs
Soy sauce : 2tbs
Chilli sauce 2tbs
Ginger powder : 1tbs
Garlic : 2tbs ( minced )
Lemon zest : 2tbs
Lemon juice :1/4th cup
Corn flour : 1cup
Egg : 1
Oil : 4tbs
Capsicum : 1 Julienne
Chicken stock : 1cup
Sugar : 1tbs
– take a bowl and add your cubes chicken in it . Throw in a spoon of salt , pepper , soy sauce , chilli sauce , lemon juice , ginger powder and garlic paste and let it sit for about 30minutes .
– When it’s done marinating coat each chicken cube with egg and then corn flour and fry it until golden in a separate frying pan .
– Now in another pan add 4tbs oil , garlic and peppers and sauté them , then add in the chicken stock and sugar and lemon zest
– Let it cook for about a minute and then add in salt , pepper , chilli flakes , soy sauce and chilli sauce
– In a separate cup take 2tbs of corn flour and dissolve it in 5tbs of water and make a paste and stir it into the gravy .
– Once it thickens , pop in your already fried chicken into it and cook for a few minute .
– Then take it off the heat and serve with fried rice and garnish with scallions and serve
If there’s anything that I love to eat anytime I can in the world then that’s a freshly home made stuffed bread . But recently I’ve seen a trend of braiding your breads and pastries and I decided to make my own rendition of it . For that we’re going to need the following ingredients…
Did you know that an average American consumes about 291lbs of fries each year ? Wow that’s a lot of fries ! And did you know that fries are the third most famous food item worldwide. I know I know , just like me you guys must be thinking it’s the top most but No…
Braided pastries have been spamming our Instagram feed and are one of the most beautiful and popular food items . They have a lot of variations too . Some are made using puff pastry as the foundation while some are made using bread dough . Some are sweet while some are savoury . Today I’ll…
Gulab jamun are one of the most favourite desserts in India/Pakistan . They are the must have dessert at any event . Be it a child birth , a wedding , someone celebrating their success , a religious festival the gulab jamuns are a must ! Today I will teach you how to make these […]